Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Paris Je t'aime....

Paris..is so much more awesome than what I expected... and whoever said Parisians are snobs don't know what they are talking about.. From the moment I arrived here, I've gotten so much help from people... from people who go out of their way to show me how to take the metro *complicated when not used to it...they have close to 20lines, unlike Singapore's 3 lines* , to kind men who helped me drag my suitcase up the abundance of stairs in the metro..a lady that bought metro ticket for me with her credit card because I don't have coins, an internet cafe patron that allows me to charge my hp as I'm using the internet.. peoplewho smile and say "Bonjour!"... Well I guess I'm totally flouting the "don't talk to strangers" rule.....but a great thing about being an Asian who can speak French is that the Asians I meet are happy to talk to me because there aren't many Asians around, and the French I talk to are happy since I can speak French.....hahahaha....

Regarding the city....Paris is too beautiful.....was using my morning just to walk around the non-touristy part of town, and all I could do was gape....Gaped at the honey coloured building and the riotous summer flowers.... at the mignon French babies and the beautiful trees...

I've gotten my adventure.... Having to make my way around an unfamiliar city, alone, yesterday I was afraid as only a kid who realise that she'd purposely went alone to a strange country can be....Wondering the whole time I struggled to find my way whether I've really done the "not sensible" thing... but today....the weather is fantastic and I've gotten used to people returning my smiles and my "Bonjour!"s......and Paris....is mine to savour.....

No comments: