Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

....and will be back in 6 months....

Hm...excited, a bit afraid as well..fear of the unknown (actually,it's more fear of the French..hahaha...I don't know if my tongue can take the rolling "rrrr" sound...eventhough I'm Indonesian.. )

Will be travelling around Europe first for the whole of August..and well...looking forward to it and at the same time wondering whether I'll be up to it.. Friends have wished me luck, asked me to be careful, asked me not to easily trust people on the road, asked me to be alert, to not drink any drink offered by strangers..only my archi tutor *our dear Florian* gave me a different advice: "Hope you get lost."

Uhm....Yea..but hopefully won't get lost for too long...

Wondering about a lot of things... I guess I have a lot of expectations for the month long trip, unlike when I go to Vietnam, especially since I'll be wandering around alone for some parts of it... I've always been looking for adventure, adventure, adventure, and at last I'm going to get it in pretty large doses, and it feels not like a leisurely holiday like it's supposed to be, but somehow it feels like a challenge, a feat... Funny, but it also feels like I'm putting a bet on humanity in general... Though I know the people I'll meet along the way, whether trustworthy or untrustworthy, will be a mere fraction of all the members of our species..

I wonder if my naivety will be my downfall...I wonder if I am really naive at all...
I wonder if my trusting nature will land me in trouble...or if I'll prove to myself that people are not out to get other people, but to help..
I wonder if my God will take care of me..I wonder how...and I wonder why must He..
I wonder if my gender will betray me...or if at last I'll be able to make peace with myself, ''Hey being girl is not bad at all, if it's safe for a guy to backpack around Europe alone,it's safe for a girl too.."

Reckless? Oh well... All the experiences I've got while having to confront and overcome my fears, to go out of my comfort zones, are the ones that I really cherish and learn a lot from...Life is for living,
no?

As usual...the only major concern for me is that if something happens to me along the way, I would've wronged my parents big time... Haih...

Oh well, que sera, sera..

No comments: