Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Really....?



..... ok..... I guess I'll have to agree that Sg is a pretty cool place to live in... IF your kids don't have to go into the government education system... thinking about it, the reasons I don't want to stay and work in Singapore for long is because:
1. the mentality of "live to work" and not "work to live"
2. only 2 weeks of holiday are given per year for non-expats (i.e yours truly included..)
3. my kids, if I have them, will hate me for imprisoning them in Singapore schools... Either that, or they would be too apathetic, ignorant and obedient to realize that something is wrong with the schools...

While we're at it, this morning there's an article on the newspaper that Singaporean parents are panicking because the traditional Ten Years Series - a compilation of past year O level papers - has not yet been published, due to some copyright disputes. It says something about Sg that parents are the ones getting really upset because now their children cannot do assessment papers.....

To be fair, though, I felt fine for the most of my educational period. Granted, I became a study-robot nearing O-levels, and before the A-levels I studied until I literally got the urge to vomit... (I didn't know what's the logic/ mechanism behind it till now...), but well, I wasn't extremely stressed or anything.....

Ah well, I've digressed too much. For better or worse,at least for the next two years I'll still be  stuck in this sunny little island. Might as well enjoy it.

No comments: