Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"The duty of comedy is to correct men  by amusing them."
- Moliere, French playwright

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."
- bits of church sermon

I think this is a very good quote to tackle the "conversion mentality",i.e. I'm only interested in you because I want to convert you into Christianity. Ok it's not as bad as how I put it, after all people evangelize because they are sure the Gospel is something truly worth evangelizing about. (and I believe that too, only personally I just can't evangelize until I resolve my internal conflicts since I'll just confuse the poor listener....)

Anyway, to be able to make people feel that you genuinely care about them - that you are genuinely interested in their lives, their dreams, their cultures, their languages, their fears, their happiness - is something really worth learning....

No comments: