Saturday, June 14, 2008

Vietnam.....

Uhm...so for the next two weeks I'll be spending time in a village 3 hours away from Hanoi... Technically helping the villagers build a village library but I've a hunch we'll end up being not so useful...Must at least learn the way of life and appreciate the people and culture!

So, we'll be sleeping in a school building in the village...reminds me of the time when I had to stay in my secondary school in Indonesia with a bunch of friends and teachers for some sorf of training...school buildings have their own eeriness...can't be helped, I guess..given that most students emit malevolent wavelengths while being forced to listen to those boring teachers...

Also, just found out that for bathing we'll be gathering rainwater...Hm.... It creates a kind of dilemma....If it rains, we can bathe but cannot work...If it doesn't rain, we can work but cannot bathe....
Oh well, what's not bathing for 1 or 2 days, rite.....*once again,credits to excellent NUS architectural education who've prepared us for this kind of things*

That said,I'm quite looking forward to it.. it's my first "immersion" kind of trip *aside from a super-long immersion cum educational torture trip in Singapore, of course*.. and I guess I wanna see if I'm cut out to live the kind of lifestyle in villages....if I really can be a kind of "humanitarian cum architect"...

Ah well, no expectations..Vietnam here I come!




No comments: