Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Reasonable Faith

“Love is hard to believe, ask any lover. Life is hard to believe, ask any scientist. God is hard to believe, ask any believer. What is your problem with hard to believe?”
-Life of Pi, Yann Martel

Actually it's more apt to say,"what is MY problem with hard to believe?"

Hufh.....

Currently asking a lot of questions, shifting through a lot of influences, swimming in a lot of thoughts...

Trying to break free from my conditioning, and re-discover why I was willing to be conditioned in the first place..

One word describes my current condition: unresolved.

"Use reasoning in science, but not God."

Am I wrong to want to believe in a God so true and real He can be found in the realm of Reason and not just the realm of Faith?

The believer will scorn me for polluting faith with reasoning.
The non-believer will mock me for daring to mix the irrational with the rational.

Well and truly, unresolved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, fellow truth-seeker

remarks i heard from a devout believer: doubt is Ok, but don't stop investigate. if God is the true One, He won't be afraid to be questioned and investigated.

besides, what do we care what other people (believer/non-believers) think? if we are scorned or mocked, so what?

joy the penguin said...

thanks a lot =) glad to hear from a fellow truth seeker. you know, one of the things that I'm most afraid of in this period of searching is to have fellow believers all panic and and say, "you're backsliding!" , "you shouldn't use your reasoning to rebel against God!"

I have to say..I've never had so much doubt before..but I've never also searched the Scriptures and yearned for Him as much before..