Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Something Fishy This Way Comes...

Hm....

Hm....

Tried to eat a piece of fish for lunch today, in preparation for my Vietnam trip.. *don't wanna trouble the villagers there with vegetarian food..*, and also in case I can't survive in Europe's colder climate with just veggies and cheese...

Uhm.....

Somehow it's a lot fishier than I remember it to be...And I frankly did not enjoy it at all.. Tried to mask the taste with soya sauce but...The texture..The fishy taste *duh shiela..it WAS a piece of fish..* Guess I lost my acquired taste for fish and had to re-acquire it...I clearly remember though that I loved to eat fish....Hated pork, ok with beef and chicken..never wanted to try strange meats like frog, dog etc..but when I was young my parents would order fried fish for me when we ate out..And deep in the recesses of my mind I remember cleaning fish bones of their meat and licking my fingers during the meal.....

Oh well...

To the question: "Why fish?Doesn't fish suffer when being killed too?" hm...I don't know..but somehow I feel more ok to eat fish than chicken or beef... Well...Discounting the fact that it died of suffocation..and that its corpse was then disrespectfully treated by frying in hot oil...When I became vegetarian, I told myself I won't eat animals except in the case of survival....And the time has come when I should define "survival"...

Haih...

Would've eaten shrimp instead since it reportedly has a simpler brain structure and *my wishful thinking* is hopefully less sensitive to pain...Too bad am allergic to it...

Hm....

Which one is better, fishy or shrimpy?

2 comments:

sp said...

dont worry! u can survive here being a vegetarian :P fish/ prawns are kinda expensive here anyway... hehe

joy the penguin said...

oooh!!
what good news! =)
thanks lots sp!