Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Drunk-Driving and Male Chauvinist Pigs

Went out with 2 of my secondary school friends 2 days ago, and somehow our conversation came to driving test cuz Mike had just gotten his driving license in Melbourne, and we were comparing the difficulty of Singapore driving license tests with that of Australia. So.. the conversation got to this part: (written from memory, but the essence is there.)
Me: Know wad, I heard my physics teacher failed Singapore's written test for license 3 times..must be dang difficult..
Mike: I passed it when I was 16!
Amrit: But well, usually women are not good in driving...so yeah..
Me: My physics teacher is a guy!
Amrit: Yah but still women are not good in driving..a lot of road accidents involve women.. (Anyone knows the statistics on this?)
Me: Hey but such a large percentage of drunk-driving accidents involve guys! they are more careless.
Amrit: Well that's because women don't even need to be drunk to get into accidents..
Me: .......

Hmph. Will do further analysis on this topic but meanwhile invites anyone who SERIOUSLY has something to add for discussion. MCPs included, I guess..

No comments: