Monday, December 31, 2007

2008

Whoa...it's 2008 already! A year closer to becoming an architect! ;p

That aside, yesterday I had countdown in my church, TJ. Well...despite having been in TJ for 5 years and loving it, that was my first watchnight service, since before I came to archi this year I would be knocked dead at 10 pm, much less 12 pm. (So yeah, an architectural education is really useful for real life ;p ).

Before the service, had dinner with a good friend from church, talking about how the year has been for us..been truly blessed and taught and growing, and there's an absence of the usual nagging feeling of "Hey I could've done better..Dang I should've done better.." Guess it's because this year has been truly enjoyable despite some regretful things, and my attitudes have changed too... ah well, merrily we roll along!

And the service.. one of my friend abroad was sms-ing me this morning and he said "Huh? Countdown in church? Aren't there many places in Singapore for countdown?" To which I would answer: I'd rather be in TJ than anywhere else! I'm blessed with a church that feels like a family, (and which, just like a family, often I took for granted..) and it makes me so glad to spend the first hour of the year worshipping with them. Great way to begin 2008 =D

Resolution wise...
1. Will keep the Untouchables untouchable, i.e. keeping my commitments to God and church no matter how hectic archi life will be..Honestly..I dread the way it sounds, and am haunted by past failures.. but His grace is sufficient for me!
2. Win more battle in little things, like waking up a bit earlier, holding my tongue, saying less nonsense and more encouragement, better discipline, paying more attention to people and be more caring..in any case, I don't wanna be a "fat" person next year.. having a lot of knowledge and resources but keeping it all for myself..Well, this involves two things I don't really fancy: spending time with other people I don't know well, and having less time for myself...I realise I will not succeed unless I be very deliberate in this..
3. Keep life balanced and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it!

Welcome 2008!

No comments: