Thursday, May 3, 2007

Chemistry 101

Was ransacking my JC stuff (found photos, notes n cards from my 08/04 days :'( miss them! )
Newae, this is a lame writing I did when I was deep into chemistry..hahaha... u could juz sense how much I was paying attention to each lessons ;p

Chemistry 101

Wishing I'm a pair of goggles in the chemistry lab
Standing guard over those lovely eyes of yours
Be mine, o sweet smelling ester!
You're my activation energy, my catalyst
The NaCl in my oh-so-bland world

Don't encrust your heart with an oxide layer
I promise to be ever so tender
It's not mere H-bonds I want to establish
Come! Let us covalently embrace!
Share with me the electrons of sorrow and joy
Together not even oxidative cleavage can separate us

If I were a metal, you would be
My oxidation number - my one and only one
Unlike Manganese, with its many transition states
Forever changing ligands, that unfaithful Manganese!

Certainly I would not be a free electron
Wandering from cation to cation
For you - you alone!
The oxygen for my haemoglobin!

Ah, still you deny the chemistry between us?
Let this alkaline love neutralise your acidic soul
And feel that exothermic passion rising up
Answer me, my love, before I combust
'Cause the mere sight of you prove ever too much
For my poor,
Little,
Chemiosmotically driven heart

__

There! It's a good way to revise chemistry, no? ;p

6 comments:

rh said...

Hahahaaa joy joy...it's sooo funny =) Wahahaaa...i'm laughing in the middle of the night :D

Lx said...

wah i swear the room just got colder after i read that.. :s

joy the penguin said...

room got colder? im not called penguin for nothing, u know ;p

hey how come i tried to click on both ur profiles n nothin comes out?
i know rh blogs (in mandarin! juz wait though i'll b able to understand one day! ),bt Lx, do u blog or do u not? ;p

Anonymous said...

Chemistry... ughh... still get nightmares about it.

Hang on, is that THE mr lx??? Blog? Thought u said ud never succumb to the temptation.

joy the penguin said...

yup, ambarish...it's THE mr.alex...
"eyes of fire, abs of steel..."
ahahahaha...

Anonymous said...

haha who said i was blogging?? im not that weak.. =P just that before this commenting required signing into google so...