Friday, February 5, 2010

Encore Manila..

Something about Manila that I kept wanting to write but keep forgetting. There are a lot of tranvestites here! Like, a lot.. Or maybe it's just so much more than I expected since most Philippinos I come into contact with are members of my church and that becomes my impression of the Philippines..

Oh well..

5 days have gone by.. kinda can't wait to go back to Singapore and shut myself in my room reading haha.. I've a bit too successfully converted my room into a cosy personal library..

Fortunately though, to make time in Manila pass faster, I've been reading great books since I came.. finished 'Perahu Kertas' by Dee, and am reading 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The latter is about an author who got paid to write a religion from scratch... not write about a religion, mind you, but write a religion.. Concocting his own brew of myths, stories, miracles, characters.. And meanwhile, he got involved in murders, intrigues, scandals, and love affairs... Such is the world of Carlos Ruiz Zafon... His previous book 'Shadow of the Wind' is one of my favorite also. Back to the book, then, reader.. Fare thee well!

"You don't look well," he pronounced.
"Indigestion," I replied.
"From what?"
"Reality."
"Join the queue."
- conversation between David Martin and Senor Isaac, a.k.a Guardian of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books

No comments: