Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Sacrednes of School

D: "Looking back at the last three years worrying so much definitely wasn't necessary.. Architecture's so much easier than we think at uni.."
Me: "You know the definitive point where I just stopped worrying about architecture school? It's when we went to watch "We Will Rock You" at the eve of submission ;p It just totally destroyed the sacredness of submission hahaha... to good effect ;p "
D: "Ye.. tho it didn't seem like it at the time.. I think it was the best idea we had! "
Me: "Tho technically it wasn't an idea.. but I just forgot when exactly was submission when we booked the thing..."
D: "Idea.. mistake.. same thing.."
____

Until I was in secondary school, and even early in junior college, school was somewhat "sacred".. Skipping school was a big occasion, and I probably got the same kick out of it as other adrenaline-pumping activities.. Wonder if it's just in my family, because my parents conditioned my that skipping school is bad from early on... Or whether it's generally like that when we were young? To be fair, my parents just didn't want me to be a bad example for my brothers, and when I was in Singapore without them, they allowed me to skip when I was just fed up with classes.. (I was thinking things like, "What's the point of being smart if I have to do the same amount of school work as other people?" Yeah.. arrogant nerd to the max.. )

University.. is a different matter altogether.. To come to school because I want it and because I love it is a great feeling, but consequently when I don't feel like it, well.. no school for that day hehehe... That aside, being in archi there's just a culture of almost everyone skipping class as submission is nearing.. 

Wonder if it's a dangerous mentality if now for me skipping class is really no big deal.. 

No comments: