Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hittin' On Girls..

Was taking the MRT to Chinatown today to meet up with a building manager for ArchiTours ( http://www.archifest.sg/index.php/humanity/event/architours/tour/ ) *no harm in a bit of advertising ;p * and was just sitting 2 seats away from an office lady when this French guy came in.. The compartment was kinda empty so I was able to hear their conversation...

Suspicious-looking French Guy: *to office lady* "Hi, you're going to work?" *knew right away that he was French due to the cutely accented English...*
Office Lady: "Uhm...ya.."
SFG: "Yeah me too... I work in Tanjong Pagar, you know... bla bla bla..."
*SFG proceeded with the small talk, and OL was kinda confused but still answering..and then..*
SFG: "May I know what is your name?"
OL: "Crystal"
SFG: "Hi Crystal.. nice to meet you.. do you think we can meet again?"
OL: "Uhm... sorry but I'm not good at making friends..." *weird answer! which shows the lady was bloody nervous..*
SFG: "Oh, it's ok.... But you know, we only live once..."
___
At this point I had to go down from the MRT...but it was bizarre! Who uses pick-up lines like "We only live once"... Especially since the guy was French, I expected something better hahaha...
It makes me think of the difference between Asian and Western culture again... I kind of pity the lady actually, it was clear she was very uncomfortable, and in my head I was like, "Whoa dude.. you're doing irreparrable damage there...Easy, man..."

Wonder if it's just a coincidence that in French, the phrase "hitting on" someone means sleeping with them hahaha... Well, just wondering.... 

1 comment:

Audrey Wijaya said...

HUahuhauaaua lucu!!!
Jawabannya office ladynya "I'm not good at making friends" sih super sih... LOL...
"We only live once"??? That's so lameeee!!!