Sunday, August 30, 2009

Westerner? Me?

I'm a Westerner now. Yup, you read that right. Am a Westerner because I just moved to the Central part of Sg to the Western part, near Jurong =D

ok, since the lame joke is outta the way... am gonna write about the moving out process.. It's been years since I really moved house and it feels like a lot of fuss... but am done! The new place is pretty cool, on the 21th floor, n most importantly just 15 mins from school. Quoting a friend, "Now you can go back more often to take a shower...." No, no. I am determined to sleep well this semester, which means no staying in studio!

That aside... these are the stuff I brought in the moving process:
- 1 big luggage of clothes, toiletries, electronic stuff (laptop, camera, chargers), towels
- 2 small boxes of food stuff
- 1 plastic container of drawing materials and paper
- 2 small luggages + 2 big plastic container + 2 backpacks of books...

....I realize I really have a problem moving with all my books huhuhu.. and I didn't even bring half of them! Left some at my old place and sending about half back to Indonesia...

During the selection process where I was sorting out which book to send back, I had lotsa difficulties... Classic bookworm-with-little-time syndrome.. "Send this back to Indo? But I really want to read it again.. this is my favorite book...." Huhuhu... In the end I had to get though and decide to send almost all my fiction books back to Indo, the argument being, I can easily borrow fiction from the library, and there are always tons of new titles for fiction anyway..

That leaves me with non-fiction books, art and architecture books, and indonesian fiction books (difficult to find in library! I have a good reason!).... Well...and some fiction books that I really, really like...

After the sorting I piled them high in my room and suddenly was struck by a thought: "What if I send them back and the cargo got lost in the middle....? After all, I'm sending these to Indo so they will be handled by an Indonesian agency at some point or other.....*yea I totally don't trust Indo post office*... What if I lose these books? And some of them are like, really really my favorite..and some are really meaningful gifts, and like, some are really difficult to find now... What am I gonna do if I lose them...?"

In the end I resorted to photographing the books pile by pile so at least I'll know just what are the stuff I'm sending back huhuhuhu...

Farewell, my little darlings... Be brave, and be safe.....

No comments: