Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Little Inspiration....

"...relationships consist not so much in words, but in meanings..."

Am quoting a friend's blog, he is an American but stayed and taught in Japan...

"
In other words, I could hardly understand them, they could hardly understand me (much to the chagrin of those who think I'm fluent in Japanese..haha)...but, over time, we began to understand each other. Relationships take time, tests, and testimonies of shared victories and defeats...laughter and tears...smiles and frowns...misunderstandings that birth understandings...and love. Tenacious love.

Without the meaningful contact, purpose, and mutual affinity to want to want to be close that Musashi Kengo Taiko had with each other, the above photo could never have been taken on my last day in Japan. Sure, it was a nice gesture to send me off to the airport, but the tears that followed this photo are etched forever in my memory of a supreme principle I strive to invoke for every encounter I have with people: treat others the way you want to be treated."

I
t becomes very relevant for me especially right now, after a month of trying to figure out what other people are saying and learning thta the best greeting often is not "Bonjour" or "Hej" or "Buon Giorno", but often just a simple smile...

No comments: