Monday, March 22, 2010

The Library Hotel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ok I needed to get that out of my system.. Was randomly browsing useless websites as usual, when I came across an article on Library Hotel....

I mean....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!

Always wanted to stay in a library hahaha.. so perhaps this can be somewhat a fulfillment of that wish.. Here's a piece of the review:

"Do you like books? Do you really, really like books? Then the library hotel is where you’ll want to stay if you visit New York City. Every floor and room is dedicated to a different category in the Dewy Decimal system. Each room is full of books from its category and is decorated specifically to match the theme. With sixty rooms in all there’s something for every guest, from philosophy to mathematics to erotic literature.
"




To be able to stay there and book a room-full of architecture books? or fairy tales? or adventure? or detective novels? Waaa....

Oh well it was recently crowned Best Luxury Hotel in the United States though, so even if I get to New York I'll need to have made it as a landscape architect hahaha... Still, it makes me really happy to know that such a place exists.. Who knows, they might decide to open a branch in Singapore! ;p

Here's the link to check out their rooms if you're interested:
http://www.libraryhotel.com/photo-gallery/index.cfm
___
"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."
- Jorge Louis Borges

No comments: