Monday, August 13, 2007

day one year TWO

First day of school!!! Woooh!! Well I actually am excited cuz it's been darn long since I enjoyed studio culture n discussed lotsa architecture stuff..
So...met Edo as I passed by Yr 1 studio n we decided to take a look...seems forever since I've spent time there...the stress, the excitement, the gratefulness, the hopeless feeling sometimes..n Edo, as we stepped into that hallowed place, summarised all that in one sentence: "I miss this smell, man.."
Well said, Do! ;p As we loitered around the studio corridor, an ID senior passed by... in a skateboard
....where else could you find these kind of things in NUS?? NUS Architecture: unexpectedly unconventional. (A bit of harmless propaganda...)

First lecture? We had Mr.Tsuto Sakamoto - Yr 2 co-ordinator cum Jap architect. (Hm...tmn2 archi gw kyknya pd tau kl gw sempat jadi penggemar dia..hehe..keren sih..coba lebih muda dikiiit aja...pasti gw caper terus..ahaha..) As we read through the handout, there were some spelling mistakes n what was his reaction? "Oh sorry, I did this 4 A.M this morning..." Duuuudeee!! That so reminds me of what lies ahead during the semester :'( As we read further, there were a bit more mistakes n he said,"Oh sorry, sorry, I was sleeping when I did this..." So archi...
(Note: This post in no way means archi tutors are not excellent tutors - they are. I'm writing this down cuz I'm so amused that archi tutors and students practically have the same experiences, juz on different scales. N yes, Tsuto did say that being an architecture student or architect always involves working hard every day, even day and night...oh well, we've committed to it...everything in life has got a price tag...)

The students..is it juz me or is everyone making an effort to look nice n cool today? (Yes, yours truly included. I wore JEANS...which is hot and stuffy!!!! But well, am fed up of being called a 16 year old so will endure hot-and-stuffy for a change of image. Miss my bermudas though...hiks...)

Assignment 1 has started- plywood construction. Excited excited excited! My tutor - Mr. Erik L'heureux - is unfortunately still in the US...Looking forward to Wednesday studio!

Oh yeah, year 2 studio is nicer than year 1..hehehe...will take photos n upload soon.

No comments: