Sunday, June 27, 2010

First capoeira cordao!

The three juniors holding our first cord.. surrounded by beloved seniors ^^

I've gotten my first capoeira belt! =D Well I'm nowhere near being even a remotely good capoeirista
, but as my mestre said: "You are now officially part of the Zambiacongo family." =)

Wow.. I can't believe I first joined capoeira only because the schedule fits my free time haha.. Throughout the four days of capoeira camp I was so inspired by Mestre Luizinho, by SMU and ITE Zambiacongo members... the movements, the flow, the music, the energy.. I've always thought capoeira is such a beautiful game, but I think I've just seen a whole new level of beauty and awesomeness to it!!

As always, talk is cheap.. this time, here's a video for everyone who thought capoeira is just a dance and there's not much of a fight aspect.. Enjoy!


No comments: