Thursday, May 6, 2010

Project RLH: April Book List

"Books are for people who wish they are somewhere else."
- Mark Twain

That Mark Twain quote can't be truer.. Hahaha.. Anyway, here are the books finished in the month of April.. Not as many as I would like to due to submission and exams, but still there are really good books among them.

1. The Man Who Loved China - Simon Winchester

2. Chicken Soup For The Soul: My Resolutions - Mark Canfield & Jack Victor Hansen

3. The Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri

4. South-east Asia : The Graphic Guide - Mark Elliott (must read for backpackers!)

5. In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan (very interesting book which I wanna write about but haven't gotten the time.. Soon..huhu..)

6. Cambodia - Rough Guides

7. The Man Who Ate Everything - Jeffrey Steingarten

8. Unkown Capoeira - Mestre Ricardo Cachorro

9. Why The Chinese Don't Count Calories - Lorraine Clissold (It's about Chinese food culture and it's a very good book to curl up with during rainy days..haha.. and now I'm so proud about Chinese food =p )

10. Thailand - D.K Travel Guides

11. When You Are Engulfed in Flames - David Sedaris

12. Edible Aroids -S. Chandra

13. Aroids - Deni Brown

14. The Cultivated Aroids - Monroe Roberts Birdsey



I was in El Paso one afternoon, changing out of my swimsuit, and a young man said, "Excuse me, but aren't you..." When I was changing out of my swimsuit, I mean that I had nothing on. No socks, no T-shirt. My underpants were in hand. I guess the guy recognized me from my book jacket photo. The full length naked one on the back cover of my braille editions.
-
David Sedaris, When You Are Engulfed in Flames

No comments: