Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's your take?

With a true colonial mentality, I still often think of Paris and the life I had there even until now.. more than 6 months since I came back to Singapore.. Read something in the newspaper that made me wonder what would the reaction be if this is implemented in Paris:




For one, I'm pretty sure there would be a nation-wide strike on this total infringement of French rights.. Not to add to the stereotype of French people kissing everywhere saying "je t'aime" every five minutes, but I'm pretty sure every self-respecting french will be horrified upon reading the article!

And the issue, of course, is whether Singaporeans are used to maintaining so much of a public decorum that they would do anything to be considered "proper"...

Reader, what do you think?

No comments: