Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A (s)painful journey....

Belated merry christmas!! After savoring Barcelona and zippin´ thru Madrid, am now in Sevilla...soon leaving for Granada and then back to Paris...and it´s been a really cool trip, what with the Gaudi works, Calatrava feats and the Muslim-influenced Gothic architecture....
ah, but I digress...
It´s a painful trip as well, because me and Indra, my travelling partner, kept counting the days that we´ll go back to Singapore....7 more days, 6 more days, 5 more days.... It got so depressing that in the end we were hatching plots on how to extend our stay in Europe.... Well, he´s spent one year in Stockholm so he´s understandably pretty attached to the city, and as for me... though I´ve only spent 4 months in Paris, the Great Lady has used all its charms to the effect that I loathe to leave her....

Oh well....all good things come to an end (trying to console ourselves...), but one thing that I talked with Indra that I hold true...being in Europe has taught me a lot, and enriched me a lot, and of course the ¨selfish¨ me would like to stay here and learn, learn some more....on the other hand I know that I can contribute more to people in Singapore.... Give and take,huh.... After taking so much it´s time to go back and give back, now....

And let´s hope I´m up to it....

No comments: