Monday, September 24, 2007

PR and loving it!

Wen to the library to renew my library membership 2 days ago..and found out that a PR only pays half the fee compared to foreigners!!! Granted the savings only amounts to $10 per year, but since I intend to continue my membership till the day I die, and my life expectation is 85 years,it's still a tidy sum.

The funny thing is, the conversation went like this:
Librarian (L) : "Oh so you are a PR now? I need to update the database. And you only need to pay $10"
me: "Oh,cool!"
*Librarian did her stuff. Me watched and think Singapore government is good for giving PRs half-fee.*
*Librarian finished doing her stuff. Me happily took out cashcard.*
L: "Oh by the way, you have some fines. Do you want to pay at once?"
Me: "Yah , sure."
L: "Alright. Here's the amount you owe while you were still a foreigner.."
Me: " ......" *realisation hits that my status in Singapore is officially not foreigner anymore..*

Hm....feels a bit weird...not a foreigner,but not citizen either...a rather convenient arrangement, I'd say. Ah well, as long as PR perks are extended to National Library Board (THE institution that matters!), me is contented!

No comments: